UX is Tech, right? Well, no. It’s an entrepeneurial mindset
Talking about UX often means that normal people lay back. UX has something to do with websites, wasn’t that backend? UX has to do with tech, it’s something for nerds. Well, for company owners and marketeers the opposite should be true.
UX is the nerdy name for User Experience online. How do your future customers experience your products or services when they inform themselves about it online? How do your potential customers experience your online presence after they’ve been in one of your brick-and-mortar stores?
User Experience goes far beyond customer centricity. To make your brand stick in mind you need an UX mindset.
In a B-to-B context the customer who’s taking buying decisions, often is not the actual user of your products.
This leads to saddening software that is forced upon users without any freedom of (software) choice.
How do you convince customers (that might never use the product) of your product?
A few tips:
– Show the customer the user centered design process that led to your product
– Collect quotes from actual users
– Understand your customers pain points too
– Underline the business value of your product
– Invite real users to your pitch
– Make a short video as there might be no time to deep dive into the product
Not all marketing managers do truelly understand the users pain points. It could be one of your biggest assets to ditsinguish your firm from the competitotn when you do..